Carmina Hair and Beauty Care is committed to providing a safe and accessible service which promotes the health and welfare of our clients, providing beauty care tailored to the specific needs of our clients and recognising their own specific needs.
Carmina Hair and Beauty Care will take every reasonable and practical step to ensure it:
- Respects and promotes the rights of vulnerable adults
- Promotes and implements appropriate procedures to safeguard the wellbeing of vulnerable adults and protect them from abuse
- Will undertake training and to adopt best practice to safeguard and protect children and vulnerable adults from abuse and to minimise risk to themselves.
- Informs others of this policy and ensure they abide by it and adhere to our procedures.
- Will respond to any allegations of misconduct or abuse of vulnerable adults in a clear and open manner in line with this Policy and these Procedures.
- Reviews and evaluates this Policy and these Procedures on a regular basis.
The welfare of vulnerable adults is everyone’s responsibility, particularly when it comes to protecting them from abuse. Our policy and procedures are based on the following principles:
- The welfare of vulnerable adults is the primary concern.
- All vulnerable adults, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, socio-economic status, religious belief and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from abuse.
- It is everyone’s responsibility to report any concerns about abuse and the responsibility of the Police to conduct, where appropriate, a joint investigation.
- All incidents of alleged poor practice, misconduct and abuse will be taken seriously, will be reported and will be responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- All personal data will be processed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
To ensure that our service is safe for all
- Carmina Hair and Beauty Care will make this policy available to anyone requiring it, including making it accessible on the website. Where possible we will take training in protection and safeguarding of adults and update training as available.
- Carmina Hair and Beauty Care will seek to be alert and vigilant to potential incidents of abuse and will report immediately any incidents suspicions or reports of incidents of abuse taking place in connection with our projects or services, or taking place elsewhere..
- Carmina Hair and Beauty Care will endeavour to provide an “open door for anyone wishing to report an incident relating to abuse.
- Carmina Hair and Beauty Care will be open and transparent in their handling of all incidents or allegations involving vulnerable adults using our service
In the event of an allegation of abuse, of disclosure of abuse or of any abusive misconduct the person receiving or witnessing this must immediately take action and without delay report the matter to Carmina Hair and Beauty Care who will automatically involve the police, and other authorities where appropriate.
Failure to take this action this will be a breach of our procedures and could result in dismissal.
A statement will quickly be taken from the victim, dated and signed so that if required a copy of this can be passed on to the police or other authorities where necessary. Permission to pass on this statement will be included in the written statement.
Other authorities may include the Social Services Child Protection team who are part of the county council (they can provide support and guidance if this matter concerns a child or person under 18) as well as centre management and other responsible parties.
Relevant Training Undertaken
- Vulnerable Adult Safeguarding Training
- Dementia Awareness
- Basic Life Support Skills – London Ambulance
- Safeguarding Children
- Moving and Handling People in Health and Social Care